The Tempe Sunrise Kiwanis Club has been serving needs of the children of the Tempe School District since 1967. We are a federally tax exempt 501(c)3 charitable foundation. Our Federal Tax Number is 86-0643575.
The Tempe Kiwanis Sunrise Club supports Tempe children in a number of ways:
- CARECARDS – We have partnered with CARECARDS to provide cards to isolated seniors during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for more details.
- Our “Connecting with Kids” program provides school supplies, clothing, shoes, hygiene products and medical needs to enable children who lack these necessities to attend school.
- Annual Pancake Breakfast – Our annual pancake breakfast and music show each December allows Tempe schools to sell tickets to the breakfast raising money for their own programs.
- Beans & Rice Program – In December, donated beans and rice are distributed to participating Tempe Elementary School families in need for the holidays.
- Support of Group Foster Home – Each month we visit a home for displaced teenage boys and provide a lunch and gift for their birthday where they would otherwise go unrecognized.
- Scholarship for Middle & High School Graduates – A scholarship is offered each year to students who have exemplified exceptional service to their community.
- Support of Key Club & K-Club programs – We sponsor the Corona del Sol Key Club, sharing in service opportunities and providing financial support for regional conferences.
- Support of our Troops – We regularly gather donations of snacks, sanitary supplies and letters we send to our troops overseas.
If you are interested in getting involved in your community, come check us out on every Thursday at 7:00 AM at Ken McDonald Clubhouse located at 800 E. Divot Drive, Tempe, AZ 85283. Please contact Michael Braun at (480) 272-3123 or Bill Loughrige at (480) 223-8034 with any questions.
We are currently conduction in-person meetings with social distancing and small groups of 10 or less. We are also streaming our meetings on Zoom. Please click on the following link to attend via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 740 996 1625